Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Covenant

When I was a teenager, I used to write poetry to get through some of the painful moments of adolescence. Once I entered college the writing stopped for many years. However, a few years ago God rekindled my poetic gift. Over the next few posts I will share with you some of what I have written. This  poem was written as I came to the end of my time as Associate Pastor at my former church and was venturing into the unknown. 



THE COVENANT


 Open my eyes that I may see,
Your beauty thats surrounding me.
Open my ears that I may hear,
Your Spirit’s voice so sweet and clear.
“Do not fight the battles won,
The triumph rests upon my Son.
Because my love will last forever,
Don’t be afraid of this new endeavor.
Go to the place that I will show,
And when you arrive, then you will know.
That to my promises I am true,
This is the depth of my love for you.”
(Sheree A Harrington, August 29, 2010)
Shalom,
Pastor Sheree


No comments:

Post a Comment