Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Love Song

It had been awhile since God had spoken to me through nature. In my discouragement I wondered if I had somehow lost touch with Him. While sitting in our den thinking about this, God responded to my prayer. I heard outside my window a bird singing. However, more than singing it was calling my name! Over and over again it kept repeating, "Sheree, Sheree, Sheree.." This isn't the first time I have had such an experience. Many would doubt and say I was influenced by my own needs and heard what I wanted to hear. It is their right to feel that way but one of my favorite verses that I have shared in a previous blog is from Zephaniah chapter 3. In the opening two chapters, Zephaniah pronounces God's coming judgment upon Israel. It is dark and not very hopeful. However, towards the end of chapter 3, He calls the people to rejoice because God has taken away their punishment (3:14-16) The prophet then states in verse 17, "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (italics mine) Yes, God does sing over His people and being God He can choose whatever messenger He desires to deliver that song, for He is Lord of all creation. Out of that special moment spent with the Lord came a poem that I share in closing. For I am grateful that God loves me enough that it moves Him to sing.
In His Love,
Pastor Sheree


Messenger of Love
What is this sound that resonates as ringing in my ear?
With tones so sweet that cover me in my deep despair.
It is a gift that calls my name, he knows it very well,
It carries forth the Father’s word that bids it go and tell.
The greatness of the Savior’s love, it’s faithful and it’s true,
That even in the darkest place, the Lord sings over you.
No flashing lights, no miracles, no wonders from above,
Just a sweet and simple song from this messenger of love.
(Sheree A. Harrington, March 21, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment