Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On Eagles Wings

On Monday as I pulled into the church parking lot where my counseling practice is established I looked up and there circling the church steeple was a red-tailed hawk. It rode the air current with grace and beauty ever circling the steeple cross. I just sat there to take it all in. In my CD player was a song by one of my favorite groups SELAH. The song is entitled, "You Deliver Me." The chorus states, "When I feel like I can't go on, You deliver me. When the road is winding and way too long, You deliver me, You deliver me."  For me that hawk symbolized freedom and deliverance which comes from the Lord's hand. As the hawk hovers and soars on the unseen wind, so God's Spirit brings me life and allows me to soar. I watched the hawk as it slowly started to drift away until it was joined by another hawk. Together they circled and soared ever higher. I thought about the Lord's presence with me. He joins with me in this journey called life and is always by my side. I never have to worry about being alone or abandoned. I thought about my experience that morning and throughout my day. Later that afternoon, the word of the Lord came to me from Isaiah 40:31, "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Glory to God who delivers us from our fears and lightens our burdens so we can soar!
Be Blessed,
Pastor Sheree

No comments:

Post a Comment