Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Thanksgiving Song

As we approach this holiday season, I share with you a poem and wish you a blessed Thanksgiving!

A THANKSGIVING SONG

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good,
And He has blessed us with this food,
From His bounty these gifts He gives,
To nourish our bodies so we may live, 
We rejoice for good times and lament for folks gone,
This Oh Lord is my Thanksgiving song.

Forgive us the times when we often neglect,
To recognize You and give You respect,
To see You move through the course of our day,
And silently listen for Your voice when we pray,
For the times we are weak and the times we are strong,
This Oh Lord is my Thanksgiving song.

Right now I must wait and watch and learn,
To draw close to Your Spirit and try to discern,
How You move in the shadows and light of my life,
And silently touch me in hard times and strife,
My soul cries out, for Your presence I long,
This Oh Lord is my Thanksgiving song.

So give us each day our daily bread,
And let us give thanks for the ways we are fed,
Not just food for the body but food for the soul,
As Your Spirit transforms and makes me whole,
Keep me mindful of those who suffer with need,
Turn me from pride and temper my greed,
And Your voice I will hear, "Do not fear just hang on!"
This Oh Lord is my Thanksgiving song.

And someday we'll all stand before Your throne,
Never more to be veiled but to be fully known,
We'll dance with the angels and the saints up above,
And feel the expression of Your powerful love,
Your enemies vanquished, there will be no more wrong,
And I'll offer to You my Thanksgiving song.

(Sheree A. Harrington, November 20, 2012)


Peace,
Pastor Sheree

No comments:

Post a Comment