Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

How Big Can You Dream?

At my last meeting with my spiritual director, I was challenged to dream big and commit those desires to God in prayer. As I continue to search for a church home where I can use my gifts of leadership to help God's people, it was pointed out that I tend to limit myself in what I seek and ultimately hinder God's desire to see my full giftedness find its expression among His people. In other words I see myself as settling for second best. In meditating on this point I was drawn to Ephesians 3:20 and another serious focus on the passage. "Now to Him who is able" (God is not crippled or hindered in any way by anyone or anything. He can do what we cannot do) "to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (We ask for so little, He is able to do more than that. We think small and narrow. He thinks high, wide, and deep. We ask with little expectation and dream small. He has dreams for us we can't even conceive. When we ask for a tiny thing, He can pour out His grace and power to overflowing. Our imaginations are limited, stuck in the box. There is nothing He can't imagine---look at the diversity of creation and behold the wonder of your God!) "according to His power that is at work within us" (Because of His power at work within us, we can ask big, we can dream high, wide, and deep. What He can accomplish in and through us is beyond our ability to comprehend because it is His power that accomplishes it. "to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen." (His glory revealed in us (the church) is in the same sentence as the name of Christ Jesus, the revelation of God's glory. God's glory revealed in both the Holy Son of God and the frailty of humanity. It is passed on throughout all generations until He comes again. And when He comes we will see Him as He is because we will be like Him and experience the fullness of our glory. (1 Corinthians 13:12) How big can you dream? He commands us to let our light (the light He's given us through Christ) shine before others that they may see our good works and praise our Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16) It's all about His glory according to His power that is at work within us. Amen!
All Glory to God!
Pastor Sheree

No comments:

Post a Comment